Charles Parsons Group is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service which includes protecting the privacy of all stakeholders within the relevant local statutory requirements.
At Charles Parsons Group, protecting your privacy when handling your Personal Information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you. We respect your Personal Information and your right to privacy.
This Policy is incorporated by reference into our Terms. Any capitalised terms not defined in this Policy are defined in the Terms. You agree to comply with all Terms when accessing or using our Services, including this Policy.
2. Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information , as defined in the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand, as amended from time to time) or similar legislation (Privacy Act) when you use our Services.
3. Uses and Sharing
We use Personal Information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose as set out in this Policy. Generally, we will not use your Personal Information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent. In situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
We do not share your Personal Information with other third party organisations, unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where, if necessary, on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
4. How we collect Personal Information and what information is collected?
We collect and use Personal Information in a number of ways as outlined below.
5. Personal Information provided by you
We collect Personal Information provided directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (e.g. during registration).
The kinds of Personal Information we collect include your contact and payment information such as your name, email address, organisation, address, phone number, mobile number, password, billing information and credit card information. We also collect information about the products you purchase from us.
6. Personal Information provided by third parties
We may collect your Personal Information from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, your representatives or from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your Personal Information', such as your contact information or credit history.
We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources of information to verify your identity, for example to confirm your company name and numbers and registered address.
By agreeing to this Policy, you acknowledge and consent to the collection of such information from these third parties.
7. Personal Information collected automatically and via cookies
We may automatically collect information from the device you use to access or use the Services, including your IP address, browser and device type, internet service provider, mobile phone carrier, platform type, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, date and time stamp and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or account.
When accessing our Services using a mobile device, we may collect information such as identification numbers associated with your device, mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and, if enabled, geographical location data (including GPS). Please note that some of the information we collect, for example an IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device's location;
Our Services may use small pieces of data called cookies, which are used to identify a user who engages with our website and to compile records of a user’s history of engaging with our website, which do not usually contain information that personally identifies a person, but each time the user visits the website, the browser sends the cookie data back to the server to notify the system of the user's previous activity.
Our Services may also use Google Analytics, which allows us to anonymously track the use of our website by recording the number of users who have visited, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what systems users have and the date and time of visits through cookies. This information is collected for statistical purposes only and cannot be used to identify you.
8. Personal Information collected as required by law
From time to time, we may be required by law to collect and maintain records about you, such as whether you have opted in or out of our mailing lists or purchase records for financial reporting purposes.
9. Security of Information
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
Protecting your personal and order information is a priority for Charles Parsons Group. As such we have created a secure transaction environment. All customer information is stored in a secure database located in Australia that we monitor for any malicious activity.
No credit card details are stored locally or attached to a user’s name or profile.
All customer data is backed up on a weekly basis and stored in a secondary server located in Australia.
10. How we use your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information as outlined in this Policy for the purposes described below:
- for provision of the Services;
- for administration and maintenance of our Services, including order fulfilment, delivery, charging, billing and collecting debts;
- for processing payments for purchases that you make from us;
- in order to verify your identity and conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- for communication with you and to provide messaging and/or communications to you in association with the functions and features of the Services;
- for communicating to you any announcements and updates, updated terms, conditions and policies, security alerts, technical notices, purchase confirmation, invoices, support and administrative messages;
- for analysis, monitoring, development and improvement of our Services, including other products or services;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure;
- to gain a better understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- for security purposes, including to protect the Services and our property from abuse, fraud, malicious, unauthorised access or potentially illegal activities, and to protect our rights, safety and property and that of our other users; and
- for the performance of other functions as may be otherwise be described at the time of collection or as consented to in relation to our services.
11. When we disclose your Personal Information
Disclosure of your Personal Information will occur in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected or as outlined in this Policy. Accordingly, your Personal Information may be disclosed to other individuals and companies as outlined below:
12. Charles Parsons Group
Your Personal Information may be accessed by us, including our directors, employees, officers and contractors and by other entities within the Charles Parsons Group.
13. Parties required by law or for legal purposes
Your Personal Information may be disclosed by us to any party to whom we are required by law to provide your Personal Information and to any party to whom disclosure is permitted under the New Zealand Privacy Principles.
We may also share your Personal Information where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
14. Other third parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties if it is reasonably related to the provision of our Services. The third parties that we may share your Personal Information with includes consultants and other service providers to us that perform services on our behalf. Such services we procure may include identifying and disseminating advertisements, delivery of goods, enforcement of our terms and conditions, providing fraud detection and prevention services, processing payments or providing analytics services. We may also share your Personal Information with our business partners who offer goods or services to you jointly with us (for example, contests or promotions).
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent in a separate agreement, in connection with any company transaction (such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party) or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings.
Note that we reserve the right to share your Personal Information with other third parties where, in our sole discretion, it is required to:
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Charles Parsons Group, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
- detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested in writing by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our dealers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
15. Overseas disclosure
Please note that some of the parties listed above to whom your Personal Information may be disclosed, may be located overseas. We do not take responsibility for the privacy practices of such individuals and cannot guarantee their adherence to New Zealand Privacy Principles, however use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Personal Information which we disclose not be held, used or disclosed by the overseas third party inconsistently with the Privacy Act. You acknowledge and consent to disclosure of Personal Information to such overseas recipients.
16. Third Parties
The Services may contain links to third party websites. These websites are governed by their own privacy policies and we recommend that you make your own enquiries as to their privacy policies. We do not make any representation about and are not liable for any information on, or the privacy practices of, any third-party websites, whether or not linked from our Services. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
18. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your Personal Information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your Personal Information such as your name or address. If you are registered with us, you may update change your details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
19. Your rights
You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable. You have the right to request access to the Personal Information you provide, and to correct or update your Personal Information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
20. You can access your Personal Information
You have a right to access your Personal Information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your Personal Information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
21. Reading Down
- it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, including but not limited to; but if that is not possible
23. How to contact us
Charles Parsons Group is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can:
Write to us at:
Charles Parsons Group
Privacy Officer Charles Parsons (NZ) Limited
525 Rosebank Rd Avondale,